NEWS:
  • We hope everyone has a safe and fun summer break! See you all in the fall.
  • The first day of classes for students is Wednesday, August 23rd!
  • Register NOW for the 14th Annual Wildcat Golf Scramble! See Athletics website for more information.

Struthers High School

SHS Student Newspaper Awarded BEST Newspaper at YSU Press Day

Congratulations to Struthers High School’s newspaper, The Student Prints, for winning Best Newspaper at Youngstown State University's Annual Press Day on May 15th!

Approximately 35 SHS students, along with teacher Stephanie Muntean, attended Press Day. They attended sessions given by communications professionals, local reporters and photographers, as well as YSU President Jim Tressel. During their sessions, students learned about yearbook design, photography, storytelling, journalism and leadership. This year, Stan Boney, journalist and evening anchor for WKBN-27 First News, delivered the keynote address at the awards ceremony.

The following Struthers High School students received awards in the following categories:

• Derek Gage placed 1st for his Personality Profile
  • Paul Nakley placed 2nd for his Personality Profile
  • Tim McIntee placed 2nd for his Sports News Article
  • Madison King placed 2nd for her Review
  • Jay Levonyak placed 2nd for his Sports Feature Article and 3rd for his Opinion Article
  • Katelynn Genhart placed 3rd for her News Article
  • The Students Prints: awarded Best Newspaper

Press Day at Youngstown State University is designed to help high school students in the tri-county area improve their journalism skills on school newspaper, broadcasts and yearbooks and improve how they interact with their community.

No events found.

Buildings

STRUTHERS CITY SCHOOLS MISSION

The Struthers City School District in cooperation with family and a community founded on tradition, recognize our role as a catalyst for change to enhance student achievement and develop good character as we create appropriate academic, technological, and vocational opportunities for all students.

Based on the needs of our students, we are dedicated to providing a diversified, integrated, and flexible curriculum that develops independent and responsible citizens capable of making critical decisions.

As a primary partner in providing educational leadership, we will create links with family, business, and community agencies to ensure the continuous improvement of teaching and learning.

© Struthers City Schools All rights reserved • powered by iMprivacy policy