Like Us on Facebook
Struthers Federal Credit Union
Struthers High School Hall of Fame Nominations Now Being Accepted
Posted on Mar 21, 2017
Posted by: Struthers Athletics Dept.
The Struthers High School Hall of Fame Selection Committee will soon be meeting to select the 2017 inductees in preparation for Hall of Fame Weekend, September 15-16, 2017. The inductees will be recognized at the Friday night varsity football game, on September 15 vs. Jefferson. The official Athletic Hall of Fame Banquet will be held on the evening of Saturday, September 16.
The selection committee will be chaired by the Athletic Director and made up of representatives from the Gridiron Club(1), the Mom’s Club(1), past Hall of Fame inductee(1), school personnel(2), Struthers Athletic Boosters(1), Struthers Alumni Committee(1), the Struthers Foundation for Excellence(1), and knowledgeable former coaches, athletes, and members of the community.
If there is someone you would like to nominate and they meet the following criteria, please complete the Struthers High School Athletic Hall of Fame Nomination Form and mail it to the Struthers High School, Attn: Athletic Department, 111 Euclid Avenue, Struthers Ohio 44471 or email it to Nancy.Knight@strutherscityschools.org. Nominations will be accepted until July 1 at 5 p.m.
THE CRITERIA FOR A CANDIDATE'S SELECTION:
- The candidate must be a graduate of at least ten (10) years - The Class of 2007 and earlier.
- The candidate must have distinguished himself/herself in athletics, while at Struthers High School.
- Any presently inactive coach (for 5 years) who has made a significant contribution to an athletic program at Struthers High School is eligible for nomination.
- A nominee may be a Struthers graduate who, through his/her profession, career in athletics, sports management, coaching, officiating, or playing, has brought prestige and respect to the Struthers City Schools and the Struthers Community.
- An honorary candidate, not necessarily a Struthers High School graduate, who has made a significant contribution to the Struthers Athletic Program, may be nominated.
Thu August 16
Kindergarten Orientation will take place from 5-6 p.m. at the elementary school.
Fri August 17
Homeroom lists will be posted at the elementary school.
Mon August 20
Grades 1-2 Orientation
Orientation for students in Grades 1 & 2 will take place from 5-6 p.m. at the elementary school.
Tue August 21
Grades 3-4 Orientation
Orientation for students in Grades 3 & 4 will take place from 5-6 p.m. at the elementary school.
Wed August 22
First Day of School
Thu August 30
Fri August 31
Mon September 3
No School - Labor Day
Wed September 5
The Struthers Elementary School PTA will meet at 6 p.m. in the school cafeteria.
Tue September 11
PTA Catalog Fundraiser Begins